Thanks to YOU and all of our supporters, 2016 was another incredible year for Happy Hippie. Here are some of the highlights from this past year:
- January: Happy Hippie expands programs for transgender and gender expansive youth and their families through our partners at Gender Spectrum
- February: Happy Hippies from around the world send Happy Hippie Grams to share messages of love, hope and acceptance with youth at the LA LGBT Center
- March: In the wake of the terrorist attacks in Brussels, Happy Hippie partners with Seeds of Peace to support peace-building programs with youth from conflict zones and diverse communities
- April: Happy Hippies speak out in protest of legislation discriminating LGBTQ Americans
- May: Miley, artist Marilyn Minter, and designer Marc Jacobs release a special collaboration, MileyxMarilyn by Marc Jacobs, to benefit Planned Parenthood
- June: Happy Hippie teams up with the Zebra Coalition in Orlando to provide support services for LGBTQ youth affected by the Pulse shooting
- July: Happy Hippie launches new pet merch, modeled by Miley's beloved dogs, to help support Happy Hippie's animal companion programming
- August: Happy Hippie supports relief efforts for refugees and people affected by the ongoing conflict in Syria, one of the greatest humanitarian challenges of our generation
- September: HappyHippiexPhantogram launches to raise awareness about suicide prevention and to encourage people to reach out for help
- October: Miley is honored for her work with Happy Hippie at Variety Power of Women
- November: Happy Hippie and Miley launch #HopefulHippies, mobilizing our emotion around the 2016 Presidential election into action for our communities and our country.
- December: Happy Hippie hosts Happy Hippie Holidays at My Friend's Place, benefiting local homeless youth
As we close 2016, we're inspired by the work we've done together and can't wait to see the impact of our work in 2017!