At the 2014 VMAs, Miley brought a worldwide spotlight to youth homelessness and the power of young people help solve some of the world’s biggest problems. So what’s happened since then? Here are just some of the highlights:
- Young people worldwide responded to Jesse’s speech at the VMAs and donated to provide homeless youth in Los Angeles with food, clothing and support services
- Happy Hippies gave back during the holiday season to make sure homeless youth would have food and clothing
- Happy Hippies spoke up to create more shelter beds for homeless LGBT youth in New York
- Happy Hippie Presents: The Backyard Sessions officially launched the Happy Hippie Foundation with a set of powerful musical performances about freedom, self-expression, love and acceptance. Thousands of fans donated to help create digital support groups for LGBTQ youth
- Happy Hippie Presents: #InstaPride celebrated Pride month with a portrait series shot by Miley that featured the inspiring stories of gender-expansive people from all walks of life.
And we’re just getting started!
“This is just the beginning for me and Happy Hippie. Thousands have joined our community and our fight for acceptance and justice for those who aren’t getting it!
We are working with some of the top names in politics, technology, and entertainment to build the world that we want to live in. I want to give my fans a platform to learn about issues that they might not have otherwise, a safe place to ask questions, a place to collaborate and take action! There is a new generation about to take over and I hope that we can create a happier and freer world to live in. We are all still growing, learning, and evolving…. And so should our world. There are billions of different people on this earth… and they all deserve to be happy.”